Summer is in full swing and during the summer months, camping is huge here in Northern Michigan! We have countless campgrounds here in the Petoskey area and more across the state. Making reservations early often guarantees your favorite camping spot and campers often reserve their spots up to 6 months in advance.
Once you have your favorite camping spot reserved, it’s time to start thinking about camp food. You want something delicious but you also need something convenient for being outdoors. Campers and tents are always the biggest living spaces so food that is camper friendly is always a plus!
15 Incredible Camping Recipes
- Foil Packet Chicken Fajitas from Growing Up Gabel – This recipe uses precooked chicken strips and is a cinch to put together!
- Peppers & Potatoes on the Grill from Mission to Save – Only a few ingredients and easy to make = the perfect camping dinner side dish!
- No Bake Trail Mix Energy Bites from Hello Nature Blog – These are perfect to whip up prior to your camping trip for hungry campers to grab and go!
- Grilled Corn on The Cob from Penny Pincher Jen – What is better than fresh grilled corn on the cob around a campfire?
- Campfire Nachos Recipe from Mid Life Healthy Living – Love Nachos? I do and this campfire nacho recipe looks delicious!
- Cheesy Egg and Ham Sandwiches from Thrifty Jinxy – Make this a head of time and serve on rolls for lunch or dinner while camping.
- Hobo Packs from Coffee with Us 3 – These are easy to put together and hearty enough for a filling meal.
- Campfire Banana Boats from Tots Family – Bananas, marshmallows and chocolate chips? Yes, please!
- Campfire S’mores in a Cone Recipe from Simplee Thrifty
- Dutch Oven Texas Peach Cobbler from My Turn For Us – Simple ingredients comes together to make this delicious campfire dessert.
- How to Make a Reuben Sandwich with a Pie Iron from Second Chance to Dream – Pie irons are the great way to cook food over a campfire and this reuben sandwich looks delicious!
- Chicken Foil Packets with Potatoes from Lori’s Culinary Creations – Delicious and simple campfire dinner!
- Camping Tinfoil Dinners from One Sweet Appetite – Place the ingredients into freezer bags prior to camping and then assemble for dinner during your camping trip.
- Lumberjack Breakfast from Echoes of Laughter – This hearty breakfast will keep your campers fueled all day!
- Shrimp Boil Foil Packets from Damn Delicious – Who says you can’t do a shrimp boil over a campfire?