National Cousins Day was Monday. It’s a day to celebrate the special bond you can only have with people you’ve known your entire life and shared many special moments with. Here are 16 things that makes your relationships with cousins so special.
1. Cousins are the only ones you can laugh with about the awkward, weird skeletons in your family closet.
2. And they’re still love you even though they know how crazy your family is, because they share the same crazy DNA!
3. You share tons of memories with your cousins of sitting together at the “kid’s table” at Thanksgiving, Christmas and all the other family gatherings. And even though you’re all adults now, you still sit together at the “kid’s table.”
4. You have all kinds of inside jokes from all the years your spent together.
5. You know and love the same people, like grandparents and aunts and uncles. You even share the shame grief over those family members who have passed away.
6. Your cousin always has the scoop on the latest family drama.
7. Now matter how long it’s been since you saw each other, you can always pick up right where you left off.
8. They know and love all the same favorite family dishes that only Grandma can make.
9. You never have to try and impress them. You’re family, and that’s all that matters.
10. You never feel like a guest when you’re at your cousin’s house. It just feels like home.
11. If your cousins live on the other side of the country, you always have somewhere to stay on vacation.
12. People always think you’re siblings, because you look so much alike.
13. You’re more like brothers and sisters than friends, because you’ve shared all the most important moments together your entire lives, like weddings, graduations, births and even funerals.
14. A cousin always has your back and is always ready to help you do things like move, fix your car or paint your house.
15. They “get” you without having to explain yourself, because they know your entire history.
16. You have a bond that will never be broken, because family is forever.