I love to entertain during the holiday season and I am always looking for new recipes to try. When entertaining, I prefer to keep the food light and easy to make. Easy to make dips and sauces using fresh ingredients is always a great way to go and this fresh basil chimichurri sauce is no exception. This delicious sauce is also versatile. It can be used as a sauce, dip or even a delicious marinade.
- 2 cups basil leaves, packed
- 1 cup arugula, packed
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, packed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Add all of the herbs, lemon juice and the garlic to a food processor.
- Pulse 4-5 times, scrape down the sides and repeat. Continue to do this until herbs are broken down.
- Add the olive oil, vinegar, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper and blend until the herbs are finely chopped but not pureed. Scrape down the sides as needed. Be careful not to let this go too long, or it will start to emulsify.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings. You can add more of anything you want to suit your tastes.
- Let this sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes prior to serving to allow the flavors to develop.
Taste and adjust the seasonings once more before serving.