Brown sugar glazed carrots are an excellent side to make with dinner. They pack a little bit of that carrot crunch with a sweet taste.
I love traditional veggies at the dinner table, like steamed broccoli, corn on the cob, and green beans. But I also love to change it up here and there, and that’s why I made these wonderful brown sugar glazed carrots tonight. They don’t take long to make, and the flavor is always amazing.
- 10 Large Carrots
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Salted Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Wash and peel about 10 large carrots.
2. Carefully cut the smaller ends of the carrots into halves and the larger ends into quarters.
3. In a large sautè pan, combine the carrots, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 2 tablespoons butter, and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
4. Stir the ingredients and cook for 5-7 minutes on medium heat (5 minutes if you like a little crunch and 7 minutes if you like them, fork-tender).
Serve these brown sugar glazed carrots with your favorite dinner or make for lunch; either way, you’ll enjoy the sweet crunch.
What’s your favorite way to prepare carrots; steamed, raw, or brown sugar glazed? Let us know in the comment section.
You might also like:
Easy to Make Pumpkin Muffins: These Easy to Make Pumpkin Muffins only require a few ingredients and taste like pumpkin pie.
How to Cook the Perfect Turkey: Thanksgiving is quickly approaching, which means you’ll need to know How to Cook the Perfect Turkey.
Easy Grilled Asparagus: Learn how to make our easy grilled asparagus with an intense savory flavor.