Easter is right around the corner and April is only days away! Petoskey schools are on spring break this week and the kids and I are staying home, trying to find stuff to do locally that is free or cheap. After making my staycation list, we started talking about local Easter egg hunts that will be taking place Easter weekend. The kids also mentioned seeing the Easter bunny so I added to my list even though it’s a bit later than spring break. I always enjoy finding fun and free/cheap things for the kids and I to do. I used to be a crazy coupon lady and even though I rarely use coupons nowadays I still enjoy the hunt for free or cheap activities and Easter weekend is no exception!
The Easter bunny is hopping back into downtown Petoskey. Grandpa Shorter’s will host the lovable Easter bunny for the fourth year on April 8th, 14th and 15th. Families are invited to visit Grandpa Shorter’s Gifts, located in the heart of the historic Gaslight District, on the corner of Lake & Petoskey Streets.
Children (and kids at heart) can have their photo take with the Easter bunny. There will be face painting and treats from the Easter bunny too! Join the fun and guess how many plastic eggs are in the window or jelly beans in the jar for a chance to win an adorable stuffed Pusheen®, estimated prize value of $25.00.
“Meeting the Easter bunny, playing guessing games for prizes and getting treats, is free and all are welcome. The Grandpa Shorter’s team enjoys watching the children’s faces light up when they meet the Easter bunny. It’s a joy to host something so fun for the community,” says owner, Jennifer Shorter.
Visit Grandpa Shorter’s Gifts and the friendly bunny will be there to take a selfie with you! Bring your cameras (or phones) and big smiles for some fun!
April 8, 2017 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
April 14, 2017 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
April 15, 2017 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
After visiting with the Easter bunny at Grandpa Shorter’s Gifts why not check out a local Easter egg hunt?
- Pond Hill Farm, Harbor Springs – Saturday, April 15th, 11am & 3pm. Search for eggs on Pond Hill Farm’s vineyard hill
- Cooperation Park, Indian River – Saturday April 15th, 11am. Children are divided into groups by ages and allowed to search for eggs
- Kiwanis Park, Harbor Springs – Saturday April 15th, 12-3pm
- Young State Park, Boyne City – Saturday April 15th, 11am
- Charlevoix Community Pool, Charlevoix – Wednesday April 12th at 6pm, Aqua Egg Hunt (bring swim suits)
- East Park, Charlevoix – Saturday April 15th, 2-3pm
- Petoskey Public Library, Petoskey – Saturday April 15th, 10:15am