Learn how to make our easy grilled asparagus with an intense savory flavor.
Michigan asparagus season starts at the end of April and lasts until late June in Northern Michigan. Nearly 20 million pounds of asparagus is grown in the short 7-week harvest.
Local asparagus is one of those things we get super excited about when we start to see it in our grocery stores. It’s especially fantastic since you can cook it so many different ways. Whether you grill, bake, steam, or fry it. It always tastes amazing.
How to make our Easy Grilled Asparagus:
- 1 Asparagus Bunch
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Lemon
- 4 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to Season
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Wash the asparagus and dab dry.
- Break the ends off of the asparagus.
- Toss the asparagus with 2 Tablespoons of melted butter and salt and pepper.
- Place the seasoned asparagus into a grill pan or wrap in a piece of aluminum foil.
- Cut your lemon in half and place the two lemon halves face down onto the asparagus.
- Grill for approximately 6 minutes.
- Remove from the grill, top with parmesan cheese and squeeze a lemon half on top.
You may also enjoy:
Simple Morel & Asparagus Pasta: This pasta is perfect and light. You can also swap out the butter for extra virgin olive oil if you are watching your calorie intake.
Easy Summer Grilling Recipes: Whether you love chicken, beef, pork or veggies we have you covered with our grilling recipes round-up! Keep reading and maybe you will find a new grilling favorite!
5 Facts About Michigan Agriculture: Farming is not an easy profession and it takes many hours to get even the smallest crops to grow. I should know, I haven’t a green thumb in my entire body. Farming is also not a well-paying profession and most farmers work another part time or sometimes even a full time job on top of farming just to make ends meet.