As the weather starts to cool down in Northern Michigan, one of our family’s favorite go-to recipes is this easy to make chili. You can make it as mild or spicy as your family enjoys, and it’s quick.
- 1 lb Ground Beef, Cooked
- 16oz Can Chili Beans
- 15oz Can Tomato Sauce
- 15oz Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Optional: A Pinch of Chili Pepper Flakes
- In a large frying pan, cook the ground beef, breaking it into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon until brown and no longer pink. Strain the grease into a small cup.
- In a large pot, combine the tomato sauce, water, diced tomatoes, chili beans, and mix well.
- Then add the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the cooked ground beef and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve with shredded cheese and enjoy!
This chili is super easy to make, feeds a family of 5, and goes fantastic with a slice of french bread.
You might also enjoy:
Hearty Slow Cooker Chili: Slow Cooker Chili is super simple to throw together and is ready in only a short amount of time. If you’re not in the mood to eat right away, simply turn the slow cooker on low and let it simmer most of the day, and you’ll have a hearty warm meal when you walk in the door.
Hearty Bacon & Cheeseburger Soup: I love soup on a cold winter day. Nothing beats skiing or sledding with the kids for a few hours and then coming home to a delicious hot and feeling bowl of homemade soup! Soup makes for an easy meal, feeds a crowd, and there are so many wonderful recipes out there to try!
White Chicken Chili & Cold Weather Soups: So, it’s officially fall, and winter is slowly making its way toward us. Let’s talk soup! Homemade, warm, yummy, and comforting soup. With it being so cold out yesterday, I wanted to make a hearty soup that would satisfy us all on a cold fall/wintry day.