Already thinking about Valentines day? It’s just a few weeks away and what’s not to like about it? Yummy sweet treats and Valentines from someone special. If you’re already thinking about sweet treats what to make for Valentines Day I have a recipe for you today on the blog! Even if you’re on a diet and watching what you eat I promise you, your special someone, heck even your co-workers, will appreciate you making this yummy and easy dessert and bringing it to work!
I will warn you right now, it’s addicting. I made a white version AND a chocolate version this morning and had to walk away from both flavors before I crammed it all in my mouth. It’s sweet, melty, smooth and creamy and its the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert.
The best part about this fudge? You can make it unique for every holiday or special occasion using different colored sprinkles or extracts – think Mint extract for St. Patty’s day if making chocolate or Peppermint extract for Christmas. I could easily go on and on. Yum!! So, on with the recipe!
- 2 cups of white cake mix, any brand
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of Valentine sprinkles + extra to sprinkle on top of the fudge
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper or foil or use a non-stick cooking spray. This will allow you to easily cut the fudge once it has set.
- Pour the cake into a medium size bowl and add in the 2 cups of powdered sugar. Stir well, mixing the 2 ingredients together.
- Place the butter chunks and 1/4 cup of milk in a small microwave safe dish (do not stir) and heat for about 1 minute. Remove from the microwave and stir. Pour the milk and butter mixture into the cake mix mixture and stir until combined.
- Quickly add in the 1/4 cup of Valentine sprinkles.
- Pour the fudge into the baking dish and sprinkle extra Valentine sprinkles on top. Gently press into the fudge with your fingers if needed.
- Place the baking dish in the fridge for 3-4 hours to allow the fudge to completely set up.
- Once the fudge is set, simply lift the foil or parchment paper out of the baking dish and cut the fudge into small pieces.
- Store covered in the fridge.
What is your favorite dessert for Valentine’s Day?