If you’ve ever been to Northern Michigan, you’ve probably tried or at least have seen a Michigan Cherry Salad on a local restaurant menu.
One of my favorite local restaurants, City Park Grill is right up the street from Grandpa Shorter’s. They serve a fantastic salad called the City Park Salad, it’s one of the best salads in Northern Michigan in my opinion. And since I can’t go there all the time, I love to make my own version with feta cheese, pecans and dried cherries but I love to use Cherry Republic’s Great Hall Cherry Vinaigrette as the dressing. It’s a slightly sweet, creamy style vinaigrette and pairs amazingly well with this Michigan Cherry Salad.
You can find the bottles of vinaigrette when you walk in the door on the right hand side at Grandpa Shorter’s downtown Petoskey.
How to Make a Michigan Cherry Salad:
- Mixed greens
- Cherry tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons feta cheese
- 3 Tablespoons dried cherries
- 1 Cup pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Great Hall Cherry Vinaigrette dressing
- Wash your lettuce and tomatoes and place into a large bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add a cup of pecans into a 8×8″ pan, add a teaspoon of salt and a 1/2 teaspoon of butter and bake for 15 minutes, tossing every couple minutes and let cool.
- Top your salad off with a 3 tablespoons of feta cheese crumbles, 3 tablespoon of dried cherries and the toasted pecans.
- Serve with cherry vinaigrette dressing and enjoy!
You might also enjoy these other recipes:
Cherry Salsa Chicken Salad: This Cherry Chicken Salad is so easy to put together and you can totally get away with adding whatever you like.
Cinnamon Apple Crisp: This Cinnamon Apple Crisp is perfect served with vanilla ice cream on a chilly fall day.
Apple Cinnamon Muffins: These Apple Cinnamon Muffins are full of flavor and are perfect for a fall breakfast with a cup of hot coffee.