The last few days here in Northern Michigan we have had below freezing temperatures. Almost everyone I know enjoyed the weekend inside and bundled up but I’m sure there were some brave souls that ventured outside to enjoy all that Northern Michigan has to offer. Petoskey’s Downtown Winter Carnival is less than a month away and it’s time to mark your calendar for a weekend of fun and excitement here in Petoskey!
Winter Carnival is a great weekend to make a trip up north to the Petoskey area. If you love the cold and snow, Northern Michigan has so much to offer. During Winter Carnival weekend, the Petoskey Winter Sports Park puts on a ton of awesome family friendly events throughout the weekend. Downtown, many local shops, including Grandpa Shorter’s, also get in on the action for offering sales and in-store specials. Winters can sometimes be extremely long here in Northern Michigan but we always make the best of it!
Starting in 1928 Petoskey’s Winter Carnival has become an exciting yearly event that many local and non-local residents look forward too!
Petoskey Downtown Winter Carnival Events and Highlights
Thursday, February 14th:
- Downtown Wine & Dine Progressive Dinner starting at 6pm: Enjoy a Progressive dinner starting at American Spoon Foods and continuing at City Park Grill and several other local establishments.
Friday, February 15th:
- Chocoholic Frolic, 3-7pm
- Little Traverse Bay Humane Society, Rock Out for Rescue, 6-9pm
- Winter Ghost Walk, 8pm
- Downtown sales
Saturday, February 16th:
- Cardboard sled workshop at Petoskey Public Library from 10-5pm.
- Kids Activities in Pennsylvania Park, 1-4pm: snowshoeing, snowman building contest and more!
- Ice Bar Celebration in Pennsylvania Park, 1-4pm
- Live Ice Carving in Pennsylvania Park
- Events at Winter Sports Park: bumpjumping contest, youth sledding competition, figure skating exhibition and more!
- Downtown sales
Sunday, February 17th:
- Indoor activities for children at participating local downtown business’s.
*For more information regarding the events listed, head over to the Petoskey Downtown website.