Did you know that February 17th is Random Act of Kindness day and that February 12-18th was Random Act of Kindness week? I had no idea! Kindness is something that I try to teach and instill in my children but I didn’t know that there was a week, as well as a special day dedicated to it. And how perfect that is falls during the week of Valentines Day.
Last week I asked the staff of Grandpa Shorter’s to share with me what they did to celebrate Random Acts of Kindness week. A Random Act of Kindness could be as as simple as buying someone a coffee in line behind you at the coffee shop, paying someone a genuine compliment, bringing a sweet treat (think donuts) into work to share with other staff members or cooking a homemade meal for a neighbor. There are so many easy ways to share kindness and they don’t have to be overly complicated or cost anything.
Grandpa Shorter’s Random Acts of Kindness
– Jennifer’s daughter KK passed out 100 sweet sayings around Petoskey high school last week.
– Jennifer herself did several Random Acts of Kindness this week including:
- Sent out 125 Valentines Day cards.
- Paid for the person behind her at Roast & Toast.
- Loaned her truck to a friend that was moving.
– Colleen who writes for Grandpa Shorter’s weekly donated to her local food bank last week.
– My family and I spent this past weekend in Sault Ste. Marie for my son’s hockey tournament. We spent part of the weekend in Soo Canada where I purchased some fun candy for a friend and my sister. Have you seen Canadian candy? It’s different but in a good way! My sister loves Coffee Crisp so she’s getting a package and I’m sending a goodie box to my friend this week. We both went to Lake Superior State University and she rarely gets back up this way so buying her some goodies was fun and I hope she enjoys her care package!