Hello friends! With the days getting longer and the weather getting warmer is seems to be that time of year when we all start eating a little bit healthier. You know what I’m talking about. Summer will be here soon and I know when it comes to summer I like to have easy healthy meals on hand and spend my other time outside with the kids or out on the boat visiting with friends on the Crooked Lake Sandbar. I also prefer to fit into my shorts come summer so now is the perfect time to start eating healthier and trying new things!
Today I tested out a new recipe in the kitchen using Brownwood Farms Apple Riesling Salsa from Grandpa Shorter’s. Have you tried the Brownwood Farms Apple Riesling Salsa? If not, I insist you do. It’s fruity and light; perfect for lightly toasted cinnamon and sugar chips, or if you’re feeling adventurous, lightly salted tortilla chips.
The recipe is easy to follow and only took a few minutes. I also threw together a quick salad using some staples I always have on hand: fresh baby spinach, almond slices, apples and dried cranberries. A salad that is perfect for when you don’t feel like slaving over the stove. You could also add cooked diced chicken to the salad making it more hearty.
- 1/4 C. Brownwood Farms Apple Riesling Salsa
- 1/4 C. extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Salad Ingredients –
- 4 C. baby spinach
- 1 large apple, cut into slices
- 1/2 C. dried cranberries
- 1/3 C. almond slices
- cooked diced chicken (optional add-on)
- Combine the olive oil, Brownwood Farms Apple Riesling Salsa, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Whisk together.
- Pour the ingredients into a blender or food processor and pulse until the Apple Salsa chunks are pureed.
- Put together your salad and dress with the Apple Salsa Vinaigrette.
There you have it, an easy vinaigrette that takes only a few minutes to put together. Store the vinaigrette in the fridge if you have leftovers and simply shake well prior to each use.
To purchase Brownwood Farms Apple Riesling Salsa go here or ask a friendly Grandpa Shorter’s Sales associate to point you in the right direction the next time you’re in the store.