Summer is in full swing and it’s hard to believe it’s almost August! This coming weekend is already Downtown Petoskey Sidewalk Sales Friday July 27th and Saturday July 28th.Grandpa Shorter’s staff have been getting ready the last few weeks for the 2 day event and they have LOTS of awesome sale items to share with shoppers!
While store employees have been busy getting ready for sidewalk sales this weekend, I’ve been busy putting new products up on the Grandpa Shorter’s website as well as making the perfect summer peach tea recipe! I am all about being in the kitchen, even during the summer months. I’m lucky that my husband works nights during the summer months and after we get home from camp in the morning, he will take the kids to swimming and sailing in the afternoon. This gives me time to try out new recipes and share them with our readers!
Summer entertaining is always fun and if you’re looking for a delicious and easy summer tea recipe, this summer peach tea is a great place to start!
Summer Peach Tea Recipe
- 1 C. granulated sugar
- 1 C. water
- 2-3 medium peaches, sliced + extra for garnish
- 2-3 tbsp. loose leaf black tea OR 3-4 black tea bags
- 8 C. water
- Pour the sugar, water and peach slices in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture begins to boil, lower heat to medium and use the back of a large spoon to gently mash the peaches.
- Continue to stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- While the simple syrup is simmering, make the tea – if you using loose leaf tea, make sure to strain them out.
- Once the simple syrup is done, strain the peaches from the liquid and pour the syrup into a airtight container such as a mason jar.
- To serve, pour black tea over ice, add peach syrup to taste and garnish with peach slices.
*Store the peach simple syrup in an airtight container in the fridge.
Looking for more summer recipes?