School is officially out for us and Father’s Day is less than a week away. Have you started thinking about gift ideas or bought Dad a card yet? Me either. If you’re anything like me, you know the routine. The last minute rushing around from store to store trying to pick up a card and small gift. I won’t lie, I have my Father’s memory, so unless I tell Siri to remind me to go buy a card on Saturday night or Sunday morning on the way over to my parent’s house or heck, even one for my husband I’m out of luck and cardless.
I’m trying to get better, I really am, especially now that I have kids. Being that I’m almost 36 you’d think I’d have this mastered by now. I’ve just never been a card buying type of gal and often recycle the ones given to me (don’t tell my mom that, please, I’ll never hear the end of it). Now a days, I often rely on Pinterest and friends for gift ideas. Plus, making something for Dad, even if it’s just a simple, homemade card is way better than buying one in my opinion, and it comes right from the heart. Plus, if your kids are anything like mine they have a blast helping out with whatever the project is, big or small.
So, grab a cup of coffee or beverage of choice and check out my fun list of do-it-yourself Father’s Day gift ideas you can work on with the kids this week. I can guarantee Dad will love whatever you make. If you’re looking for the perfect gift to go along with your homemade gift, check-out Grandpa Shorter’s online store!
Do-It-Yourself Father’s Day Gift Ideas for Kids (and their Moms)
1. Man Bouquet from One Creative Mommy. Who needs a box of chocolates when you can make this DIY Father’s Day gift idea that is way cooler?!
2. Easy Magnet’s for Father’s Day from Confessions of an Overworked Mom. I love this. My husband has his own locker at work and is always asking for photo magnets of the kids and this is a fun spin on that.
3. DIY Terrarium from Lavender & Lemonade
4. Practical Personalized Father’s Day Gift from Thinking Outside the Sandbox
5. Fill In the Blank Personalized Father’s Day Printable from Simple Thrifty
6. Easy DIY Bookmark for Father’s Day from Mission to Save
7. Classic Homemade BBQ Sauce from Freebie Finding Mom
8. DIY Paint Father’s Day Frame from Practical Mommy