Last week I was raving about the weather being mid-30’s. Yes, you can thank me. You’re welcome. This freezing cold weather was courtesy of yours truly. It was -26 here yesterday evening. At least today the sun is shining. Gorgeous views but geez, it is seriously cold outside! This past weekend was mid-winter break for Petoskey schools so I spent quite a few hours snuggling with the kiddos, then kicked them outside for a few minutes at a time for some fresh air and then back inside for hot cocoa. Rinse and repeat.
I’m really looking forward to spring so hopefully we will start to thaw out a bit in March. I hope. With spring on the horizon I start thinking of Easter and babies and wedding and showers; all things spring!
Today’s post brings you some seriously cute baby shower gift ideas and a roundup of fun baby shower games. Every baby shower needs unique gifts and fun games so check out my list.
Baby Shower Gift Ideas for Both Mom & Baby –
1. Baby Coats – How adorable are these? I’m all for cute, warm coats for babies and if someone would have given this at my baby shower I would have loved it. They come in a variety of animals and sizes. I’m loving the owl coat. So cute!!
2. Baby Blankets – Grandpa Shorter’s carries a variety of smaller security blankets for babies, as well as larger crib blanket to match! I was all about matching. Well, with the first two kids, at least. One to have in the crib and another for on the go. Perfect!
3. Lovey’s – Ah, yes, lovey’s. Buy at least two identical lovey’s just in case baby loses one and mom and dad are stuck without an extra. I’m totally serious here. I’ve been in this situation and so have a few of my mom friends. There are very few things worse than a little one who has lost his or her lovey. Shorter’s carries a fun variety of lovey’s to choose from too, including a lamb, monkey, owl and more!
4. Slippers for Mom or Moccasins for Baby – You absolutely cannot go wrong with a gift from Grandpa Shorter’s Minnetonka selection. Mom could totally use a pair of comfy cute slip,on slippers for hanging out around the house. Baby could easily wear the adorable Minnetonka fringe booties year around.
5. Grandpa Shorter’s Gift Certificates – This gift is perfect for any new mom! She can choose her own gift and shop from a variety of fun gift ideas including books and toys for baby or Petoskey Stone and Leland Blue Jewelry for herself. If she’s local to Northern Michigan or Petoskey she can even browse in store spending a few precious hours alone.
(Photo Credit: Frugal Fanatic)
Here are some Baby Shower Game Ideas –
1. Multiple Fun Baby Shower Printables from Frugal Fanatic – Baby Shower Purse Game, Word Scrambles, Price Guessing Games plus more!
Looking for more fun baby shower games, activities food and beverages? Head over to Pinterest (make sure to follow Grandpa Shorter’s) and search ‘Baby Shower Ideas‘. You will be sure to find some great ideas!