Easter is only a week away and the Easter Bunny has been making his rounds at Grandpa Shorter’s this past few weekends. He will be making two more stops at Grandpa Shorter’s in Petoskey next Friday March 30th & Saturday March 31st, 12-3pm.
This week is spring break here in Northern Michigan for most school districts and I am in full staycation mode. I love my kids BUT I’m totally not used to them being home every day and working from home is definitely challenging when the kids are complaining they are bored. So far, we’ve gone to the $0.25 Saturday movie at The Lyric Theater in Harbor Springs (if you haven’t been I totally recommend going!) and open skate at Petoskey Ice Arena on M-119 (formally Griffin Arena).
Today was spent playing board games, crafting and baking. My kids love helping out in the kitchen and making yummy goodies to share with each other. Today we made these adorable Easter Bunny cupcakes. The Easter Bunny mold can be found at your local craft store and the white chocolate candy melts take only minutes to melt for the chocolate Easter Bunnies. The homemade white cupcake recipe is easy to throw together but you can totally use a box of white cake mix if you prefer!
Easter Bunny Cupcakes Recipe
- 1/2 C. butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 C. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 C. milk
- 1/8 C. Wilton sprinkles
- Green food coloring
- 3 C. powdered sugar
- 1/3 C. butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp. milk
- Multi-color cupcake liners (I used aqua, purple and bright pink)
- Disposable piping bag
- Round frosting tip
- 12 oz Wilton bright white candy melts
- Wilton Pink Sparkle Gel Icing
- Wilton Edible Food Markers
- Toothpicks (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 12 count muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Combine the 1/2 cup butter, 2 eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, baking powder and milk, mixing well.
- Gently stir in the sprinkles.
- Fill each cupcake about 3/4 full.
- Bake 18-20 minutes. Insert a toothpick around 18 minutes. If it comes out ‘clean’ the cupcakes are done.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely prior to decorating.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, combine the powdered sugar, 1/3 cup softened butter, vanilla extract and milk. Once the frosting has reached your desired consistency divide into 3 small dishes.
- Add 1-2 drops of gel food coloring to the frosting and stir to combine.
- Attach the frosting tip to the disposable piping bag and fill with frosting.
- Gently squeeze the frosting out of the bag and onto the cupcake in a circular motion.
- Repeat with all cupcakes.
- Give each cupcake a white chocolate Easter Bunny. If needed, insert a toothpick behind each bunny it needs helps staying up straight.
*Makes approximately 16 cupcakes