Hello friends! Today on the blog I’m bringing you an easy and delicious recipe for you to share on Easter morning or any weekend morning. This danish is a snap to put together and only requires a few ingredients. Plus, it’s versatile. You can swap out the Brownwood Farms Cherry Butter from Grandpa Shorter’s for another jelly or preserve or even canned fruit, if it’s what you have on hand. Your friends and family won’t believe this only took 30 minutes to put together and will be asking you for the recipe!
- 1 package of crescent rolls, any brand
- 1 jar of Brownwood Farms Cherry Butter
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 tbs. sugar
- 1 C. powdered sugar
- 3 tbs. milk
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Open the can of crescent rolls and unroll keeping them connected. Pinch the seams together.
- Use a pair of kitchen scissors to snip the sides about 2 inches (as shown).
- Cream together the softened cream cheese and sugar and spread in the middle of the crescent rolls.
- Next, spread the Cherry Butter generously on top as shown in the photo.
- Finally, fold the sides over on top of the cream cheese and cherry butter in an angular fashion as shown.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- While the dansh is baking, combine the 1 cup of powdered sugar with the 3 tablespoons of milk and 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- Allow the danish to cool about 15 minutes and gently pour the icing over the top.
- Cut into pieces and enjoy.
I made this danish and photographed it earlier this morning and oh my, it’s delicious!!! Rich, sweet and creamy, you’ll definitely want to go back for seconds. I’m on my way into Grandpa Shorter’s in a few minutes and the awesome staff there will be getting this treat to finish! I can’t believe I’d never tried making this before and now I want to try the other Brownwood Farm’s preserves because I’m willing to bet they all would go great with this recipe!