With April being right around the corner it’s time to start thinking about some fun, family friendly April Fools day tricks. Even the Shorter family got in on the fun this past week with the classic ‘healthy veggies in the Krispy Kreme box’ prank! Such a classic prank and super easy to pull off. The Petoskey band program sells yummy Krispy Kreme donuts every year as a fundraiser so save the old box for pranking!
If your family has a fun sense of humor and you want to get in on the action, keep reading!
- Surprise Grilled Cheese from A Flexible Life – This looks SO real and the kids can still eat it!
- Mashed Potato Sundae from Bake at 350 – I LOVE this idea. It’s super easy and fun, plus my kids love mashed potatoes!
- Turn Your House Upside Down from Kids Activities Blog – This prank is easy and you don’t have to ‘make’ anything.
- Jelly Bean April Fools Prank from What’s Cooking with Kids – I kind of wish we had an ice and water receptacle built into our fridge because I personally love this fun prank idea!
- Grape Easter Egg Candies from Love Wednesday – Here’s a fun and tasty prank. Wrap grapes with Easter egg candy wrappers.
- Broccoli Lollipops from The Decorated Cookie – Do your kids love lollipops? Mine do! They would be shocked to discover their lollipop was broccoli!
- The Oreo Prank via Pinterest – I love Oreos and so do my littles. They would be totally shocked to bite into one of these!
- Meatloaf Cupcakes from Parade Community Table – Yummmmm and perfect for tricking the kids into thinking you made cupcakes for dinner!
- April Fools Nail Polish Spill from Lanie Buck – Perfect for the clean freaks in the family!
- DIY Ice Cream April Fools Day Prank from Studio DIY – Another fun way to make a fake mess!
- Bubble Wrap Under the Door Mat from Make It, Love It – This is so fun and easy!
- Unsoapable Soap Prank from She Knows – We use liquid soap but if you use bar soap this is the perfect way to prank your family when they wash their hands.
- TV Remote Prank from Pen & Paper Flowers – We don’t do TV in our house but if you do this is a great way to trick your family members.
A few other easy April Fools ideas –
- Switch cereal bags around. Put the Froot Loops bag in the Raisin Bran and vice versa!
- Super glue some coins to the sidewalk or driveway outside and watch as someone tries to pick them up.
- Scrunch up toilet paper and put it in the front of the kids shoes and watch them try to put their shoes on.
- If your kids are heavy sleeper and you can carry them, switch beds to see their reaction when the wake up.
Have you tried any of these ideas, what was the reaction? Did you play another prank? We would love to hear about it in the comments!