Less than 2 weeks away until Christmas and we finally have snow here in Northern Michigan and lots of it. As soon as it hit the kids were outside for at least an hour sledding, rolling and building snowmen. I, on the other hand, stayed inside. I wish I loved the white stuff but I’m honestly more of an indoor kind of gal. I do enjoy sledding though at the Winter Sports Park here in Petoskey so we are already planning a trip this week after school! What is better then a Grinch Hot Cocoa after a long day of playing outside in the snow?
I’m also trying to finish up Christmas shopping this week and have a few items picked out at Grandpa Shorter’s. Our cousin lives in Tennessee and mentioned how much she loves the Michigan Petoskey Stone ornaments, perfect for Michiganders who live out of state! I have an Upper Peninsula ornament and a Lower Peninsula ornament I’m going to surprise her with this week. I’m sure she will love them!
- 4 cups of milk of your choice
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 oz. mint chocolate chips
- 2 drops of Green food coloring
- whipped cream
- Dip the glass in water then in red sprinkles
- Stir together milk, vanilla, food coloring and mint chocolate in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring often, until the white hot chocolate comes to a simmer and melted.
- Do not let it boil.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately, topped with whipped cream.