Memorial Day Hot Dog Recipes
Memorial Day is only a week away and school is almost out. I’m finding it hard to believe it’s almost summer! It feels like this school year flew by and even the Petoskey Summer Downtown Open House is only a week or two away. I’m ready for summer and warmer weather, that is for sure. Our Northern Michigan spring has definitely had it’s usual ups and downs the last few weeks. It was sunny and 80 degrees one day and then 45 degrees and rainy the next. It’s hard to keep up! I keep trying to put away the kids winter gear but days later they need hats and gloves again!
If you are looking forward to Memorial Day weekend like I am then you are in the right spot. I can’t wait. My in-laws are visiting next weekend and my husband is off all weekend too so I am looking forward to family time, campfires, hopefully warmer weather AND grilling out. What better item to grill on Memorial Day weekend than hot dogs? I’ll admit, I don’t eat hot dogs that often. There is something though about summer time, the warmer weather, baseball games and just being outside that make we want to have a hot dog. My kids on the other hand could eat a hot dog every day if I let them.
This weekend we will definitely be grilling and hot dogs are already on the grocery list. My kids love them with ketchup and mustard and I’m a raw onion and mustard kind of girl. We usually grab a pack or two of Michigan favorite Koegel Hot Dogs (the only brand my grandmother ever purchased) or I’ll stop by Plath’s Meat Market on the way home. My husband does the grilling in our family. We only use charcoal to grill and I hate waiting forever for it to heat up so on his day’s off he’s in charge of the grill!
Whether you enjoy a classic grilled hot dog with all the fixings or crave something a little more, I’ve put together a some hot dogs recipes that you are sure to enjoy!
Fun Hot Dog Fact: Here in the United States, seven billion hots dogs are eaten between Memorial Day and Labor Day!
- Mexican Hot Dogs from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Caribbean Style Hot Dog from Skip to My Lou
- Reuben Hot Dog from Mandy’s Recipe Box Blog
- Barbeque Pulled Pork Hot Dogs from Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Taco Coney Dogs from Craft Create Cook
- Veggie Carrot Hot Dogs from Xander Friendly Foods
- Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs with Cheese Sauce
- Camping Hot Dog Recipe from Frugal Coupon Living
- Greek Hot Dogs from Neighbor Food Blog
- Korean Slaw Dog Recipe from Taste and See
- Chicago Style Hot Dog from Swanky Recipes
- Crispy Crack Dogs from Kitchen Tested
- Philly Cheesesteak Dog from Land o’ Lakes
- Hot Dog with Chipotle Cheese Sauce and Bacon Corn Relish from Cooking and Beer
- Hot Dogs for A Crowd from 365ish Pins
- Chili Dog Sauce for Hot Dogs, Burgers and Fries from Cinnamon and Spice and Everything Nice
- Easy Homemade Hot Dog Buns