Mother’s Day 2017 Northern Michigan Style
Mother’s Day is already next weekend and if you are in need of some fun and unique Mother’s Day ideas, I have you covered! I personally am one of those mom’s who never really wants or needs anything. I love spending time with my children and husband but honestly don’t bother buying me a card and you can keep the flowers. I enjoy the simple things in life and some quiet time. An afternoon alone walking around downtown Petoskey and perusing the local stores and maybe picking something out that I’ve had my eye on for a while sounds like heaven in my book! Being able to walk through McLean & Eakin and grab a new paperbook and then a mocha at Roast & Toast without the kids bugging to get something? THAT sounds perfect to me. Strolling through Grandpa Shorter’s and then J.W. Shorter’s without someone tagging along? Yes, please!
Whether you enjoy Mother’s Day alone or would love to spend it with your entire family, I’ve put together a fun list of activities that mom’s of all ages are sure to enjoy!
- Boyne Mountain Beach House Restaurant on Deer Lake: Brunch served from 11am-2:30pm
- Mother’s Day Weekend Package at the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island: Surprise mom with the ultimate Northern Michigan weekend getaway on Mackinac Island!
- Castle Farms Mother’s Day Annual Royal Tea: Sunday May 14th, 2-4pm. Enjoy tea with mom, hor d’oeurves, delicious desserts and mini spa treatments, croquet, sun hat contest and more!
- Stafford’s Bayview Inn Mother’s Day Brunch: Sunday May 14th 9am-3pm. Treat Mom to brunch and delicious homemade desserts.
- Perry Hotel: Enjoy delicious brunch served Sunday May 14th, 9am-2pm.
- Goodhart Farms Nature Preserve Nature Hike: Sunday May 14th, 1-3pm. If mom loves being outside, enjoy a gorgeous hike through the Goodhart Farms beautiful nature preserve.
- Mother’s Appreciation Day at Mother’s Keepers: Saturday May 13th, 1-5pm. Enjoy massages, hair styling and cuts, cosmetology services from certified makeup artists and more! Suggested donation of $25 per family if able. Head over here for more information!
- Inn at Bay Harbor Mother’s Day Package: Pamper mom this Mother’s Day with the Mother’s Day package at the Inn at Bay Harbor Mother’s Day weekend package.
Do you know of any other Mother’s Day events happening in the area? Please let us know!