Onion Bake Shorter Wife Style
It always seems that we cook so much this time of year. So, I like easy recipes that my family can enjoy and pair well with multiple dishes.
I wanted to find a recipe that was mostly onions as we know a wonderful farm family that gives us a giant box of Walla Walla sweet onions as a gift each year. Really useful and fantastic gift.
Here is a recipe I found and adapted – even young kids enjoy this one and that is saying a lot with onions as we all know.
- 1 stick Butter
- 3 medium Walla Walla Onions or any yellow onion
- 2 Cups Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 3/4s cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black peeper
- Peel & Cut the onions – Half them then quarter them – end up with slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt half of your butter stick in a large skillet then add onions over medium heat until tender
- Spray 1 1/2 quart baking pan with Pam or grease it up
- Place 1/2 of the onions in the bottom of pan
- Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over the top and 1/2 cup of bread crumbs and repeat with onion layer and cheese
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper – pour evenly over contents of casserole
- Melt the other half of the butter stick with the other 1/2 cup of bread crumbs and brown them up
- Bake for 25 minutes
Enjoy with family and friends!
Until Next Time,
West Coast Shorter Wife