Happy Tuesday everyone! Today on the blog I’m featuring a homemade recipe using Brownwood Farm’s Cherry BBQ Sauce. This past weekend was absolutely beautiful up here in Petoskey and we took full advantage of it. You just never know when it’s going to start snowing again here in Michigan.
My husband and I are year around griller’s so we had already been grilling all winter but we hadn’t made ribs in forever. They just sounded good. Mid-60’s, ribs, an adult beverage in hand along with some grilled asparagus? Yes, please! I had some babyback ribs in the freezer from last week’s grocery shop so I pulled them out and let them thaw, baked them on low for a few hours and then slathered with Brownwood Farms Cherry BBQ Sauce.
I’ll be the first to admit, I don’t like cherries unless they are fresh. Not even in desserts. Yes, I’m weird. Living in Northern Michigan you’d think you’d love cherry everything but I really only like them fresh AND I grew up on a farm that had a cherry orchard! That being said, I thought I’d not like the Cherry BBQ Sauce at all and I was pretty hesitant to even try it. I was wrong. I didn’t like it….I loved it! It’s sweet but not overly sweet and it has just a hint of cherry that’s not too over powering.
My husband loved it too and he’s usually a Sweet Baby Ray’s guy so I was surprised but he couldn’t get enough of the ribs. We’ve been making ribs a while and have the formula down pat. They are so delicious and fall right off the bone. Your friends and family will be asking for the recipe! The best part? It’s super easy!
- 1 rack of babyback ribs
- 1 bottle Brownwood Farms Cherry BBQ Sauce
- Seasonings of your choice – you simply did salt, pepper and some blackening on the ribs and kept it simple.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Add about 1-2″ of water into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Remove the skin from the back of the ribs.
- Season the ribs and place in the 9×13 baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake on 300 degrees for 3 hours.
- Remove from the oven and finish on the grill for 10-15 minutes slathering with Cherry BBQ Sauce and allowing the ribs to caramelize. Don’t be shy and add as much sauce as you’d like.
- Serve with a vegetable of your choice.
Have you tried Brownwood Farms Cherry BBQ Sauce yet? Let us know what you think!