Summer In Downtown Petoskey
With it already being mid-May, summer is finally on the horizon here in Northern Michigan. Finally!! There is less than a month of school left and its finally starting to warm up here in the Petoskey area. With summer being so close, downtown is bustling with activity. Lake and Petoskey Street have both been quasi-blocked off the last month due to construction making getting the downtown area a little bit tricky. That being said though, more people have been out enjoying the warmer weather and walking around downtown.
Last week the Grandpa Shorter’s family welcomed their newest addition: The Katydid, located right next to Grandpa Shorter’s. The store is SO cute and a perfect addition to Grandpa Shorter’s Gifts and J.W. & Son Mercantile. If you haven’t ventured downtown recently, make sure you pop in and say hi. The Katydid carries a wide variety of gift items you won’t find in Grandpa Shorter’s Gifts or J.W. & Son Mercantile. I promise, it’s worth checking out.
The new store and warmer weather in Petoskey has everyone chomping at the bit for summer. Downtown Petoskey is ready to jump into an exciting list of summer activities like Friday evening Petoskey Rocks to the Downtown Summer Open House. Downtown Petoskey has something for everyone and all ages to enjoy!
(Photo Courtesy of Petoskey Downtown)
Downtown Petoskey Summer 2018 Events
- Downtown Petoskey Summer Open House Friday June 1st: Starting Friday June 1st at 6pm enjoy all that downtown Petoskey has to offer. Enjoy the Petoskey Steel Drum Band and enjoy adult beverages in the adjacent drink tent in Pennsylvania Park, an 8pm Ghost Walk and then stay later to enjoy the movie at dark.
- Petoskey Farmers Market June 15th – September 28th: Every Friday morning 8;30am-1pm. Stroll Howard Street and take in all the local vendors have to offer from fresh fruit and vegetables to fresh eggs and meat.
- Petoskey Concerts in The Park June 20th – August 17th: Grab a blanket, lawn chair and picnic lunch and head to Pennsylvania Park Wednesday’s and Friday afternoons for fun and free music courtesy of Crooked Tree Arts Center.
- Downtown Petoskey Rocks Friday July 6th – August 10th: Hang out in downtown Petoskey every Friday night during July and August. Enjoy free carriage rides, music in the park and downtown ghost walks.
- Petoskey July 4th Celebration: Enjoy the evening parade starting at 6pm and then walk down to the Bayfront Park where you can grab a seat and enjoy July 4th fireworks.
- Art In The Park Saturday July 21st, 10am-6pm: 30 years in the making Art in the Park is a definite Petoskey tradition. Wander the park and browse over 130 vendors selling pottery, handmade jewelry, crafts and more!
- Downtown Petoskey Sidewalk Sales Friday July 27 – Saturday July 28th: One the best summer events Petoskey has to offer, enjoy strolling the blocked off streets and enjoying the sales.
- Festival On The Bay Friday August 17th – Saturday August 18th: One the last hurrah’s of summer before returning to school, enjoy a fun weekend on Little Traverse Bay with the Petoskey Steel Drum Band, adult beverage tent, kids area, vendors and more!