If you are a fan of Taco Tuesdays, then this recipe is for you! Instead of tacos for your next Mexican dish, try making a taco pie. This meal is quick and easy to make and will have your family members grabbing for a second slice every time!
- 1 package of crescent rolls
- 1 pound of ground beef (or turkey burger if you want a healthier option)
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- ½ cup of sour cream
- ¼ cup of taco sauce
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced red onion (optional)
- Diced tomatoes (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a pie dish with nonstick spray.
- Unfold crescent rolls from the package.
- Place the triangle slices of the uncooked crescent rolls all along the bottom part of the sprayed pie dish and on the sides.
- Press and pull the triangle pieces together to create a thin pie crust.
- Bake the dough at 375 degrees for approximately 10 minutes or until it looks cooked. The bottom of the pie crust should be golden.
- Once the pie crust is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it cool.
- Cook the ground beef on the stove top and once finished drain the excess grease.
- Spread the cooked ground beef over the cooked pie crust.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the ground beef.
- Place pie crust back in the oven for approximately 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- In a separate bowl mix the taco seasoning and sour cream together.
- Spread the mixture over the melted cheese evenly.
- Sprinkle the shredded lettuce, onion and tomatoes on top.
- Slice and serve with a spatula!
This unique Taco Pie is great to make for the upcoming Cinco De Mayo holiday!