Wrapping a Present Video Tutorial
I always thought I knew how to wrap a present – I discovered I was terribly wrong – after watching the queen of gifts show me how.
Watch this short video tutorial and let Jennifer Shorter, Owner of Grandpa Shorter’s Gifts, teach or refresh you on wrapping a present properly. This is a skill that many people do not know how to do correctly – having a visual makes learning so much easier and Jenn does a beautiful job showing us how.
Steps to Wrapping a Present:
- Fold up sides half way to make sure the paper is the correct width – cut off excess.
- Place the box in the center of the paper.
- Fold edge of flat paper to create a nice clean folded edge.
- Make sure the folded edge comes up over half way of the box.
- Check other side to make sure they overlap over the middle of the box – fold the other edge if you have enough paper.
- Pull two sides tightly together so you don’t have any gaps or sags.
- Use clear tape to adhere the two sides together.
- Fold down the middle of the paper on each end of the box and crease ends – creating a triangle.
- Pull triangle up and adhere with clear tape on both ends.
- Use a coordinating or contrasting color of ribbon.
- Place ribbon over the top of the box (check length before cutting) and crisscross to come up the sides – cut on diagonal.
- Tie two bows to create a four corner bow.
Thank you Jennifer Shorter for this fabulous tutorial. I could watch it again and again – it makes it so easy to learn to wrap a present correctly. This is such a necessary skill and will save you on so much wasted paper and ribbon.
Remember, Grandpa Shorter’s Gifts, JW Shorter’s & Son Mercantile, and Trapper’s Cabin all offer complimentary gift wrapping – so shop it up at the Shorter’s stores and have one of their lovely employees wrap your gifts for you.
Alex Shorter – West Coast Shorter Wife