With… Mini Pineapple Sweet Cakes.
Just this past Super Bowl Sunday I had concocted a treat that I think would make an excellent Valentine’s Day Dessert, as well, due to the expression of love that my guests had for them. I don’t know about you, but I am not much of a “complicated-ingredients” type of baker. I am more of a “simple-as-it-gets” kind of gal in the kitchen. And this recipe couldn’t be more simple and more delectable. Most of the ingredients I could find in my pantry at home, so that was an extra plus!
1 box of Yellow Cake Mix (and ingredients on box)
20 oz of Crushed Pineapple
2/3 Cup Sugar
6 oz. box of Vanilla Pudding Mix (and ingredients on box)
1 tub of Cool Whip Topping
1/2 package of Flaked or Shredded Coconut
15 Large Marshmallows
2 cups cut Strawberries
Supplies: (May vary depending on preference)
2 Mini Muffin Pans
2 Mixing Bowls
1 Large Saucepan
Two Wooden Spoons
1 Medium Cookie Sheet
Two Large Metal Spoons
- Bake mini cupcakes according to directions on the Yellow Cake Mix Box.
- While cupcakes are baking in the oven, mix crushed pineapple and sugar together.
- Cook vanilla pudding according to directions on box, and add marshmallows when pudding is set, but still warm.
- Once cupcakes are out of the oven, use a toothpick and poke holes in each one.
- Pour mixture of Pineapple and Sugar on the top of each cupcake.
- Spread out an even layer of shredded/ flaked coconut on a medium cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 1 minute on high broil or more to get the “toasted” look.
- Set toasted coconut aside.
- Pour on top of cupcakes a thick coat of the vanilla pudding mixture while still warm.
- Let cool, and cut strawberries in 1/4 slices.
- Once cupcakes are cool, dollop a spoon of whip topping on each cupcake.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut on top of the whip topping, add a strawberry to each, and done!
These were a huge hit at the Super Bowl Party, and I’m sure they will be with your Valentine as well!
Want to make breakfast for your Valentine instead? Check out our Valentine Day Breakfast Ideas here too.