St. Patricks day is right around the corner so it’s time to start planning your St. Patty’s Day feast! Over the last few years we’ve shared a few St. Patricks Day recipes including Traditional Corned Beef & Cabbage Recipe and a Reuben Slider Recipe using up all the delicious leftover corned beef!
This year, I am keeping things simple. I purchased my corned beef and 2 heads of cabbage this morning. No potato or carrots this year (crazy, I know) but we eat low carb and I honestly do enjoy the cabbage more than the other vegetables. Plus, I’m the only at my house eating the corned beef so I’m making how I want!
My kids don’t have a St. Patricks Day party at school (we are partied out) so instead I’m making them a St. Patricks Day treat of Chocolate Leprechaun Cookies. Every season the cereal companies put out seasonal cereals that my kids beg for. Sometimes I give in but often times I don’t. This year I saw that our local Aldi here in Petoskey had the Chocolate Lucky Charms cereal. Lucky Charms is my favorite. I caved thinking they could each get a bowl at breakfast and then I’d use the rest for cookies, Chocolate Leprechaun Cookies that is!
Chocolate Leprechaun Cookies Recipe
- 1 box of chocolate cake, any brand
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 C. vegetable oil
- 3/4 C. Chocolate Lucky Charms Cereal
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the cake mix, flour, eggs and vegetable oil, mixing well.
- Add in the Chocolate Lucky Charms Cereal and stir to combine.
- Roll the cookie dough int0 2″ balls and place 2-3″ apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes and let cool.
*Makes approximately 18 cookies
Looking for more St. Patricks themed recipes?