Petoskey Stone Gifts
Happy Tuesday everyone! Today is fabulous here in beautiful Northern Michigan. The sun is shining and it’s absolutely gorgeous outside today and almost in the mid 30’s!! And, even though Punxsutawney Phil claims to have seen his shadow and predicted 6 more weeks of winter, I do not believe it one bit. Spring seems to be right around the corner. It feels almost spring like outside today, which is why I am feeling hopeful. Okay, it’s kind of cold but here in Northern Michigan you see people wearing shorts when it’s 50 degrees! Heck, I saw a man wearing shorts walking outside the Petoskey Post Office earlier today. Spring will be here before we know it!
Today’s blog post goes back to a Petoskey classic, the gorgeous Petoskey Stone. Mainly found in Little Traverse Bay, Petoskey Stones are well known throughout the state. It’s even the official stone of Michigan. How cool is that? Grandpa Shorter’s carries multiple Petoskey Stone jewelry pieces but did you know they also carry larger items and gifts for the home?
With the wedding season approaching now is the perfect time to browse Grandpa Shorter’s selection of unique Petoskey Stone gift ideas. Don’t see anything you like online? Feel free to give them a call and a friendly Grandpa Shorter’s employee will point you in the right direction and give you some suggestions as to what you are looking for.
Here are some of the cool Petoskey Stone items on the Grandpa Shorter’s website right now:
1. Petoskey Stone Clocks – Gorgeous in any home or office. Shown your Michigan love with this unique gift.
2. Petoskey Stone Bookends – A beautiful piece to keep at home or at the office. Do you know someone that has a love of books and all things Michigan? This would be a unique gift idea and ideal to keep those books neat and tidy. I think this would make a wonderful wedding gift, something unique for the bride and groom.
3. Petoskey Stone Wine Stoppers – With spring and summer drawing near, I’m looking forward to spending the evenings outdoors with a bottle of wine and possibly a campfire or two. Petoskey Stone wine stoppers are perfect for those unfinished bottles of wine while spending your weekend up north.
4. Petoskey Stone Cutlery – Another great addition to any cottage or Northern Michigan weekend retreat. Perfect for dinner parties and summer BBQ’s.
5. Polished Petoskey Stones – A statement piece in and of itself. Simple, yet elegant and always a conversation starter about Petoskey and Northern Michigan.